We assist numerous travel journalists throughout the year and look forward to working with you to facilitate a press tour to the Raleigh area. Assistance is determined on a case by case basis and in order to best accommodate your editorial needs we have developed the following criteria.
- A minimum of two weeks notice prior to your press visit unless special circumstances arise – then it is at the discretion of the GRCVB Communications Department.
- Please fill out the following Media Request form.
- If on assignment, please forward Letter of Assignment
- For freelance journalists, please provide links or PDF clips of travel-related articles that have run in the past 12 months.
The GRCVB Communications Department can provide the following services for approved travel journalists:
- The GRCVB will provide admission into area attractions, events, performances, festivals, tours, etc to journalist whose name appears on the byline of the article. The GRCVB cannot provide admission for family members or friends accompanying the writer during their visit to Greater Raleigh.
- The GRCVB will work through Wake County restaurants to obtain discounted or complimentary meals. This is not a guarantee and writer will be responsible for balance on meals. In some instances a gift card will provided and the journalists will be responsible for costs exceeding the amount of the gift card and tip for waitstaff.
- The GRCVB can provide no more than two nights accommodations for journalists on assignment. If journalist is not on assignment, the GRCVB will work through area hotel partners to offer a complimentary or media rate.
- Generally, the GRCVB does not provide airfare, nor do we provide complimentary rental car services.
- We will work with you to obtain appropriate contacts, interviews, photography or b-roll.
- We want to make your media visit to Greater Raleigh as productive as possible so give us a call, we’ll talk through your visit and come up with the best possible plan!
If you are not a member of the media and need information on the Raleigh area, collateral materials for a meeting or convention or would like to be added to our newsletters please click here