Greater Raleigh Taps into Inaugural North Carolina Beer Month
Tue, Mar. 19 2013, 8PM
Capital City Celebrates with Special Events During April
Raleigh, NC - The taps are flowing this April as North Carolina's capital city area bubbles with great events during North Carolina's first, official Beer Month! The Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau (GRCVB) has partnered with the N.C. Division of Tourism, Film and Sports Development, to celebrate and promote craft brewing, a growing North Carolina industry.
Craft beer is big business in North Carolina with the state claiming the largest concentration of breweries of any state south of Pennsylvania and east of Texas. According to Win Bassett, executive director of the N.C. Brewer's Guild, over five percent of all beer consumed in the United States is from craft breweries and over 50 percent of jobs in the beer industry come from these independently-owned breweries. North Carolina alone can claim 61 breweries and brewpubs.
Greater Raleigh is a leader in the state's brewing community and is quickly making itself known as a craft beer "boom town," adding to jobs and giving craft beer lovers a reason to visit with 11 breweries currently in operation and an additional three breweries opening their doors in the next few months. Breweries in Greater Raleigh include: Aviator Brewing Company, Big Boss Brewing Company, Boylan Bridge Brewpub, Carolina Brewing Company, Lonerider Brewing Company, Natty Greene's Pub & Brewing, Roth Brewing Company, Raleigh Brewing Company, Sub Noir Brewing, Trophy Brewing Company and White Street Brewing.
Many of these breweries have partnered with the GRCVB to create tours, VIP tastings, interactions with brewers, special beer dinners and cooking classes at local restaurants in April. Raise a glass to these events taking place in Greater Raleigh during North Carolina Beer Month:
- 2nd Annual Chili Peppers Brewfest (April 6) at Cary's Koka Booth Amphitheatre features more than 75 craft beers and 10 different types of chili.
- Pull Back the Curtain on N.C. Breweries (April 3) invites beer-lovers for a rare, behind-the-scenes look into brewers and their beers from Aviator, Big Boss, Lonerider, Natty Greene's.
- Beer Cooking Class (April 6) at Lucky 32 in Cary with Executive Chef Jay Pierce and Big Boss Brewery brewer Brad Wynn.
- World of Beer Festival Raleigh (April 13) in downtown Raleigh's Moore Square features more than 100 local and national craft brewers.
- Brewgaloo (April 27) in downtown Raleigh's City Plaza features craft breweries from North Carolina, food trucks and live music.
- Multi-Course Beer Dinners at all Eschelon Hospitality restaurants including: Sono Japanese Restaurant (April 1), The Oxford (April 8), Mura at North Hills (April 15), Cameron Bar & Grill (April 22) and Zinda (April 24).
For more information, events and special offers taking place during Greater Raleigh's inaugural beer month visit www.visitRaleigh.com/brew
The Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau, as the official destination marketing organization of Raleigh and Wake County, accelerates sustainable economic growth and development by increasing visitor and convention business.