24 stylish finds for Fashionistas
Tue, Apr. 03 2012, 3PM by visitRaleigh
Greater Raleigh is known for a lot of things--museums, historic sites, performing arts and green space, but what you may not know is that the Raleigh area is a stylish destination with unique shopping areas, independent boutiques and designers making a name for themselves on a national level. In honor of the 24-hour opening of the Nature Research Center, here are 24 stylish finds for Fashionistas.
- Raleigh Denim – Husband and wife team Victor and Sarah Lytvineko make The Curatory their home base to hand sew and personally sign designer jeans made from North Carolina textiles.
- Stitch – Holly Aiken’s flagship store where this N.C. State University grad makes and sells her one-of-a-kind vinyl bags of all shapes and sizes.
- GreenPea Baby – Downtown Apex is stylish for all ages, even babies can go green with everything from cloth diapers to organic clothing.
- Moon and Lola – Unique pieces of jewelry are handmade locally, and in late spring, a Moon and Lola retail store opens in downtown Raleigh.
- NoFo – Eclectic food served downstairs while upstairs is full of unique gift items, home goods and clothing.
- Flea Market at N.C.State Fairgrounds – Hundreds of vendors set up shop on Saturdays and Sundays selling everything from doorknobs to vintage jewelry.
- Vermillion – Located in trendy North Hills, this couture boutique gives you the personalized shopping experience of New York or L.A.
- GC5 Vintage and Gifts – Go retro in this Wake Forest gem specializing in vintage furniture, gifts and jewelry.
- The Cotton Company – Rows and rows of local artisans make this old cotton warehouse the perfect destination for shopping.
- Museum stores – The N.C. Museum of History and the N.C. Museum of Art gift shops feature pottery, artisan jewelry, books and gifts--many from North Carolina artists and craftsmen.
- Feelgoodz – These natural, rubber and sustainable flip flops will become your go-to summer shoe. Check out their new store on Wilmington Street in downtown Raleigh.
- Designbox - This downtown Raleigh shop showcases local inspiring design and craft, as well as innovative brands, ideas and products, including Terra Ideas, which takes recycled materials and turns them into handbags coining the term “wearable eco-art.”
- Zest Café and Home Art –This North Raleigh favorite offers fun and functional gifts.
- Shop ’til you drop – The Raleigh area is home to 11 of the best shopping spots in the state with favorite national retailers to independent boutiques.
- Artspace – More than 40 artists have studios in Artspace and while you’re picking out that new painting or sculpture you can have a conversation with the artist.
- Saks 5th Avenue – We’ve got the state’s only Saks 5th Avenue, and you can find this upscale retailer at Triangle Town Center.
- H&M – Can budget clothing be trendy? It can if you’re shopping at Fashionista favorite, H&M, in Crabtree Valley Mall. This is the only H&M in the Carolinas.
- Art to Wear - Art meets design to create an eclectic fusion of fashion at this annual fashion show, a collaboration between the N.C. State University Colleges of Textiles and Design.
- Five Points – Antiques abound in this small district filled with old items from books to paintings to furniture.
- Scout and Molly’s – From designer jeans to the season’s must-have accessory, this Cameron Village boutique is a must for any Fashionista.
- Woof Gang Bakery – Even your four-legged friend can be a Fashionista. This boutique for dogs features food and treats as well as clothing and accessories.
- Vestique – Two N.C. State graduates started their own boutique featuring one-of-a-kind garments for all styles, shapes and sizes. All items are under $100.
- Ten Thousand Villages – This fair-trade retailer offers gifts and handicrafts by artisans from more than 30 countries.
- Galatea Boutique – Offering clothing to fit every Fashionista, no matter the age, size or style.
- Apex (46)
- art (132)
- beer (118)
- Cary (143)
- Downtown Raleigh (311)
- entertainment (127)
- events (10)
- family fun (172)
- festival (108)
- food (178)
- Fuquay-Varina (43)
- Garner (20)
- history (52)
- holidays (97)
- Holly Springs (32)
- Knightdale (8)
- live music (134)
- Morrisville (20)
- museums (61)
- N.C. Beer Month (29)
- nightlife (80)
- outdoor activities (104)
- performing arts (55)
- Raleigh (901)
- recreation (67)
- Rolesville (5)
- shopping (59)
- sports (75)
- tastes (162)
- Wake Forest (42)
- Wendell (17)
- Zebulon (15)