American Association of Woodturners 33rd Annual International Woodturning Symposium
- Dates: July 11, 2019 - July 14, 2019
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Presenting Organization: American Association of Woodturners
- Venue: Raleigh Convention Center
- Location: Downtown Raleigh
- Address: 500 S. Salisbury St., Raleigh, NC 27601
- Times: Opening reception Thurs., 5-6:10pm; Fri., 7am-6pm; Sat., 7am-6pm; Sun., 7am-2:15pm
- Admission: Free
The conference will bring together more than more than 1,200 turners from around the globe to learn, share, and celebrate the art and craft of woodturning making it the largest woodturning event in the world. No other event offers as many opportunities to learn from the world’s best.
For registered attendees, the symposium features classroom-style educational demonstrations and panel discussions led by internationally known woodturners and top woodturning talent. Sessions appeal to a wide variety of skill levels and interest areas.
Additionally, many events are open to the public, including an enormous trade show jam-packed with the newest woodturning products, tool and lathe manufacturers, and supplies; an Instant Gallery and themed exhibitions; as well as benefit auctions and opportunities to support local charities.