- Dates: 1/27/2023, 1/28/2023, 1/29/2023, 2/2/2023, 2/3/2023, 2/4/2023, 2/5/2023, 2/9/2023, 2/10/2023, 2/11/2023, 2/12/2023
- Venue: Raleigh Little Theatre
- Location: Downtown Raleigh
- Address: 301 Pogue St., Raleigh, NC 27607
- Times: Thurs., Fri., Sat. shows at 8pm; Sun. at 3pm
- Admission: Adults, $27; Senior/Student, $23
Blood Wedding is a gripping Spanish tragedy from Federico García Lorca. Inspired by a true story and first performed in 1933, this is a classic play that deserves our attention. Two families in rural Spain are intricately bound in an unbreakable cycle of murder and revenge. Violent and long-standing community tensions re-emerge when one mother learns her son – The Groom – is due to marry an ex-lover of the hot-blooded Leonardo Felix, who later steals The Bride away from the wedding celebrations. An entire town goes after the lovers in the middle of the night where pursuers and pursued plunge into a realm of deep darkness where the moonlight is not friendly and the forest not shelter enough. Lorca’s image-laden poetry unfolds the story with the fire and power characteristic of his work and the fateful resonance that marked his own tragically short life.
By Federico García Lorca, translated by Lillian Groag
Directed by Patrick Torres
Blood Wedding is presented by special arrangement with Broadway Licensing, LLC, servicing the Dramatists Play Service collection. (www.dramatists.com)
Please plan to follow RLT’s current COVID safety guidelines at the time of the performance.