Capital City Juneteenth Celebration
- Dates: June 19, 2021
- Presenting Organization: Dorothea Dix Park; St. Paul A.M.E. Church; North Carolina Historic Sites
- Venue: Dorothea Dix Park
- Location: South Raleigh
- Address: Harvey Hill at Dorothea Dix Park, 693 Palmer Dr., Raleigh, NC 27603
- Times: 1-5pm
- Admission: Free, limited number of tickets available
Juneteenth (June 19th) is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the abolition of slavery in the United States.
As part of the Capital City Juneteenth Celebration 2021, enjoy an afternoon of entertainment and food on Harvey Hill at Dix Park!
Capital City Juneteenth Celebration 2021 is presented in partnership by:
- St. Paul's A.M.E. Church
- NC History Museum
- NC Historic Sites
- Dorothea Dix Park
- Visit NC
- City of Raleigh Museum
What to Bring
- Seating: A blanket or low beach chairs to sit on, so that you don’t obstruct the view for others.
- Food and Drinks: While we encourage you to enjoy the food trucks, you may also bring your own food and beverages. Beer and wine are permitted, but please be responsible!
- Outdoor Essentials: Remember the sunscreen and bug spray.
- What to Wear: This event takes place in the grass with uneven surfaces, please keep this in mind for footwear. The trees provide some shade but this event is outdoors the entire time - please dress for the weather.
If we need to cancel due to inclement weather, we will communicate through email to ticket holders and on Dix Park social media.
COVID-19 Safety Reminders
Please stay home if you are sick! A 6-foot distance should be maintained between yourself and other participants in the program. Visit Raleigh Parks COVID-19 page for the latest information and guidance.