Corn Grinding Demonstrations and Costumed Tours
- Dates: 7/14/2018, 8/18/2018, 9/15/2018
- Venue: Historic Yates Mill County Park
- Location: South Raleigh
- Address: 4620 Lake Wheeler Rd., Raleigh, NC 27603
- Phone: 919.856.6675
- Times: 10am-noon and 1-4pm
- Admission: $5 adults, $4 seniors (ages 60+) and $3 children (ages 7-16); children ages 6 and under are free.
It's 1863 at Yates Mill, and the yard is alive with activity! Step back in time with our 19th century costumed interpreters and watch the millstones at work grinding corn into meal. Preregistration is encouraged. Tours are not available between noon-1pm, and the last tour of the day begins at 3:40pm. There is a limit of 15 people per half-hour tour. Tickets are available at the Mill.