Dana Ruttenberg Dance Group Presents Naba 2.0
- Dates: July 14, 2018 - July 17, 2018
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Presenting Organization: North Carolina Museum of Art
- Venue: West Building Galleries
- Location: West Raleigh/N.C. State Univ/PNC Arena
- Address: 2110 Blue Ridge Rd., Raleigh, NC 27607
- Phone: 919.715.5923
- Times: 6pm and 8pm; additional shows Monday at noon and 2pm
- Admission: $30
In the NCMA’s latest collaboration with the American Dance Festival, Israeli-born dancer and choreographer Dana Ruttenberg and company invite the audience to be a part of an interactive dance work set within the Museum galleries. Each audience member is equipped with an audio guide and headphones and is instructed by the dancers to choose among a menu of prerecorded tracks. Ruttenberg is known for creating work that engages all of the senses, including the sense of humor, and in Naba 2.0 she makes it possible for the audience to experience dance, art, and music from a fresh perspective.
Each performance is limited to 30 participants. This interactive experience is recommended for ages 6 and up. Audience members must be able to read and follow instructions. The work requires attendees to stand, walk, sit, and lie on the floor.