Exhibit: Spiders - Fear to Fascination
- Dates: June 17, 2023 - October 8, 2023
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Venue: North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
- Location: Downtown Raleigh
- Address: 11 W. Jones St., Raleigh, NC 27601
- Times: Tues.-Sun. 10am-5pm, last entry at 4pm
- Admission: Museum members, Free; Adults, $14; Seniors (65+), Students (13+) and Military with ID, $12; Child ages 3-12, $10; Child 2 & Younger, Free
Did you know spiders can swim, jump and even “fly” hundreds of miles? “Spiders: Fear to Fascination” spins an immersive tale, revealing how this incredibly diverse group of animals has evolved and survived for 300 million years. Through augmented reality and video projection technology, guests of all ages will encounter more than 250 real and preserved specimens (from the Trinidad chevron tarantula to the Australian golden huntsman).
Compete in a mating dance-off with a peacock spider, hold virtual spiders in your hand, test your fang agility and create your own animated arachnid. Discover how webs are produced and how spiders communicate, and see the world through spider vision.
Get closer than ever to some of the more than 48,000 known spider species in this amazing interactive experience.