- Dates: May 7, 2020 - May 9, 2020
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Venue: Holly Springs Cultural Center
- Location: Holly Springs
- Address: 300 W. Ballentine St., Holly Springs, NC 27540
- Phone: 919.567.4000
- Times: Thurs.-Sat. 7:30pm; Sat. 2pm
- Admission: $14 adults; $12 seniors & students; $10 season subscription members
This event has been canceled.
Set in the 1950s, the evolving African-American experience is explored as a former star of the Negro baseball league, Troy Maxons, is excluded from the major leagues during his prime. Now working as a garbage man, bitterness takes its toll on his relationships as his son wants his own chance to play in the major leagues. The main action of the play takes places over a two-month period that changes the nature of the Maxons’ marriage and Cory’s path in life forever. Winner of the Tony Award for Best Play. Written by August Wilson.