- Dates: 10/25/2019, 10/26/2019, 10/27/2019, 10/31/2019, 11/1/2019, 11/2/2019, 11/3/2019
- Presenting Organization: OdysseyStage
- Venue: Burning Coal Theatre
- Location: Downtown Raleigh
- Address: 224 Polk St., Raleigh, NC 27604
- Phone: 919.928.6011
- Times: Thurs.-Sat. 7:30pm; Sun. 2pm
- Admission: $18 adults; $15 students
These short monologues by women playwrights explore intimate moments involving a dress or other garment that transformed their lives. We hear from an executive constrained in a suit, a black woman surrounded by white dresses, a Girl Scout whose family couldn't afford the uniform, a trans woman recalling a pivotal moment in her youth, a mother persuading her daughter to wear a sacred garment and many more. Twelve of the fourteen monologues are by North Carolina playwrights, including one from NC Poet Laureate Jaki Shelton Green and the monologues cover a range of moods, ages and experiences.
At a time when only about 30% of theater productions in the U.S. are by women, this show is written, directed, produced and acted by women.