In The Blood by Suzan-Lori Parks
- Dates: 10/17/2018, 10/18/2018, 10/19/2018, 10/20/2018, 10/21/2018
- Presenting Organization: University Theatre at NC State University
- Venue: Thompson Theater at North Carolina State University
- Location: West Raleigh/N.C. State Univ/PNC Arena
- Address: 2241 Dunn Ave., Raleigh, NC 27695
- Phone: 919.515.1100
- Times: 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM
- Admission: Adults $18; Students $6 General Admission
Hester and her 5 children are homeless and desperate for a way off the street. Although Hester‘s family is surrounded by seemingly helpful people, they are unable to get out from under the poverty and neglect that society has heaped upon them. Written by Pulitzer Prize-winning author, Suzan-Lori Parks, this re-envisioning of Nathaniel Hawthorne’s The Scarlet Letter engages the audience in questions of societal and personal responsibility. In the Blood is presented in support of NC State’s campus-wide conversation related to the University’s common reading of Kathryn J. Edin and H. Luke Shaefer’s $2.00 a Day: Living on Almost Nothing in America. The play contains explicit sexual content and stage violence.
The play is directed by guest director Lormarev Jones.