Jump for the Children Horse Show
- Dates: November 7, 2018 - November 14, 2018
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Presenting Organization: Triangle Farms
- Venue: Hunt Horse Complex at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds
- Location: West Raleigh/N.C. State Univ/PNC Arena
- Address: 1025 Blue Ridge Rd., Raleigh, NC 27607
- Phone: 919.556.7321
- Times: 8am daily
Triangle Farms, Inc. will host the 35th annual ‘Jump for the Children’ Horse Shows, benefiting Duke Children’s, November 7-11 and November 14-18, 2018. Begun in November 1984 as a two-day fundraising event, ‘Jump for the Children’ has grown to back-to-back weeks of premier-rated hunter and jumper competition. It is the longest, continuously-held annual fund raiser for Duke Children’s and has raised over $2.1 million to date.
-$10,000 Welcome Jumper Stake, Thurs., Nov. 8 and 15, 6pm
-KID FUN & Stick Horse: Fri., Nov. 9, 5-6pm., Fri., Nov, 16, TBA
-$10,000 USHJA (United States Hunter Jumper Association) International Hunter Derby Fri., Nov. 9 and Wed., Nov. 14, 6:30pm
-$50,000 Duke Children’s Grand Prix, Sat., Nov. 10 and 17, 7pm. Watch the best riders on the East Coast compete for $50,000 in prize money in international caliber showing jumping. Admission $10 per person, children under 10 free. Box office opens at 4:30pm.
- $10,000 USHJA National Hunter Derby, Fri., Nov. 16, 6:30pm
Admission to the show is free except for Sat. night. Proceeds from the horse show benefit Duke Children’s in Durham, NC. Visit www.jumpforthechildren.org for more information on tickets, daily schedules and more.
Photo credit: Brooke Kemper riding Classified, Ann Gittins Photography