NC State LIVE @ the Lot: Caique Vidal & Batuque
- Dates: May 20, 2021
- Presenting Organization: Eastman, Arts NC State, 88.1 WKNC
- Venue: Spring Hill Park & Ride Lot at Dorothea Dix Park
- Location: West Raleigh/N.C. State Univ/PNC Arena
- Address: 698 Barbour Dr., Raleigh, NC 27606
- Times: Gate and Food Trucks, 5:30pm; Concert, 6:30pm
- Admission: Student Gate Pass, $5; Public/Faculty/Staff Gate Pass: $10 (Gate Passes will only be available online until 4pm on the day of each concert.)
NC State LIVE and Visit Centennial have become known for their vibrant LIVE@Lake Raleigh sunset concerts featuring some of North Carolina’s most exhilarating musicians. We’ve kept the sunset and the musicians, but found a new location to keep everyone safe!
Join us for NC State LIVE@the Lot, a drive-in concert series on Centennial Campus, overlooking Raleigh’s picturesque combo of trees and city skyline. At each concert, there will be a unique selection of the Triangle’s best food trucks on the Lot open for digital ordering. Food trucks will make deliveries directly to your car.
April 22's show will be Caique Vidal and Batuque – This Afro-Brazilian band brings pure energy and riveting dance grooves to the stage. “Batuque” (pronounced ba-TOO-kee) means to drum. The band delivers an explosive performance integrating the sounds of Afro-Brazilian percussion with keyboards, bass, guitar and horns to produce an innovative version of samba, reggae, salsa, bachata, pop, rock and Bossa Nova. Caique Vidal and Batuque just released their debut EP titled TYSM (Thank You So Much). TYSM exemplifies the diversity of rhythms and genres performed by the band during their live shows. Caique Vidal and Batuque have performed in music festivals and universities across the nation providing an insight to Afro-Brazilian music and culture.