NC State LIVE @ the Lot: Jack the Radio
- Dates: May 6, 2021
- Presenting Organization: Eastman, Arts NC State, 88.1 WKNC
- Venue: Spring Hill Park & Ride Lot at Dorothea Dix Park
- Location: West Raleigh/N.C. State Univ/PNC Arena
- Address: 698 Barbour Dr., Raleigh, NC 27606
- Times: Gate and Food Trucks, 5:30pm; Concert, 6:30pm
- Admission: Student Gate Pass, $5; Public/Faculty/Staff Gate Pass: $10 (Gate Passes will only be available online until 4pm on the day of each concert.)
NC State LIVE and Visit Centennial have become known for their vibrant LIVE@Lake Raleigh sunset concerts featuring some of North Carolina’s most exhilarating musicians. We’ve kept the sunset and the musicians, but found a new location to keep everyone safe!
Join us for NC State LIVE@the Lot, a drive-in concert series on Centennial Campus, overlooking Raleigh’s picturesque combo of trees and city skyline. At each concert, there will be a unique selection of the Triangle’s best food trucks on the Lot open for digital ordering. Food trucks will make deliveries directly to your car.
April 22's show will be Jack the Radio – Raleigh, North Carolina roots-rockers Jack the Radio blend rock and blues sensibility with Americana, folk, and country to create a tapestry of swampy southern-tinged sounds on their latest album release, Creatures. All of the songs on the album were written by singer George Hage with a common thread that weaves its way through telling us to stand strong as we ride out the highs and lows of what life throws at us. Over the years, Jack The Radio has shared the stage with The Avett Brothers, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, George Thorogood, Cold War Kids, Rayland Baxter, and American Aquarium to name a few. Their music has been featured in countless commercial, film, and TV projects including Modern Family, Boardwalk Empire, Graceland, Beverly Hills 90210 as well as in sports programming for NASCAR, NFL, PGA among others.