Pauli Murray: Imp, Crusader, Dude, Priest Exhibit
- Dates: May 28, 2022 - November 27, 2022
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Venue: North Carolina Museum of History
- Location: Downtown Raleigh
- Address: 5 E. Edenton St., Raleigh, NC 27601
- Times: Mondays - Saturdays 9am-5pm; Sundays Noon-5pm
- Admission: Free
Pauli Murray: Imp, Crusader, Dude, Priest is an exhibit that chronicles the life and legacy of the Rev. Dr. Pauli Murray as a significant 20th-century human rights activist, educator, lawyer, poet, and Episcopal priest.
Dr. Pauli Murray was a key player in the fight for African American, women’s, and LGBTQIA+ rights. At the same time, Murray was negotiating their own racial identity, struggling to earn a good living, and seeking more understanding of their sexuality and gender. Through photographs, quotes, audio, and text, the exhibit invites a deeper understanding of 20th-century American life.
The exhibition will be open May 28 through November 27, 2022.