Pride and Prejudice (Cancelled)
- Dates: 2/4/2022, 2/5/2022, 2/6/2022, 2/10/2022, 2/11/2022, 2/12/2022, 2/13/2022, 2/17/2022, 2/18/2022, 2/19/2022, 2/20/2022
- Venue: Raleigh Little Theatre
- Location: West Raleigh/N.C. State Univ/PNC Arena
- Address: 301 Pogue St., Raleigh, NC 27607
- Times: Thurs., Fri., Sat., 8pm; Sun., 3pm
- Admission: Adults, $27; seniors/students, $23
This program has been cancelled.
This isn’t your grandmother’s Austen! Bold, surprising, boisterous, and timely, this P&P for a new era explores the absurdities and thrills of finding your perfect (or imperfect) match in life. The outspoken Lizzy Bennet is determined to never marry, despite mounting pressure from society. But can she resist love, especially when that vaguely handsome, mildly amusing, and impossibly aggravating Mr. Darcy keeps popping up at every turn? Literature’s greatest tale of latent love has never felt so theatrical or so full of life than it does in this effervescent and freewheeling adaptation. Because what turns us into greater fools… than the high-stakes game of love?
By Kate Hamill
Adapted from the novel by Jane Austen
Directed by Jerri Lynn Shulke
Pride and Prejudice is presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc., New York.
Performances will take place indoors in the Cantey V. Sutton Theatre.