Raleigh City of Oaks Walking Tour
- Dates: May 27, 2022 - May 22, 2024
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
- Presenting Organization: Tobacco Road Tours
- Venue: Raleigh Convention Center (Sir Walter Statue)
- Location: Downtown Raleigh
- Address: 500 S. Salisbury St., Sir Walter Raleigh Statue, Raleigh, NC 27601
- Phone: 919.371.2653
- Times: Varies by date
- Admission: Adults, $20; Children (8 to 14), $15
Delightful guided walking orientation tour of downtown Raleigh, N.C. With so many accolades bestowed upon this lovely city, Raleigh continues to move forward in its six downtown districts (Fayetteville St., Government, Oakwood, Moore Square, Warehouse, and Glenwood). The city’s founding fathers called Raleigh the “City of Oaks” due to mostly hardwood (Oak & Hickory) trees that were present in Colonial times.
Capture the sites, and stories of the who, what, when, where, and why of this growing foodie Capital City today. Tours last approximately 90 to 105 minutes.