Raleigh City of Oaks Walking Tour
- Dates: January 6, 2018 - January 6, 2019
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Saturday
- Presenting Organization: tobacco road tours
- Venue: Tobacco Road Tours
- Location: Downtown Raleigh
- Address: 300 fayetteville street, #1918, 300 fayetteville street, #1918, 126 N. West St., Raleigh, NC 27603
- Phone: 919.371.2653
- Times: 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM
- Admission: $14.33
Enjoy this delightful orientation tour of downtown Raleigh, NC. With so many accolades bestowed Raleigh continues to move forward in its five downtown districts (Fayetteville St., Government, Oakwood, Moore Square, Warehouse and Glenwood). Capture the sites and stories of the who, what, when, where and why of this growing foodie capital city today.
Raleigh was founded in 1792 as N.C.’s capital city. It was named for Sir Walter Raleigh, who attempted to establish the first English colony on the shores of the new world in the 1580s. It is the only state capital to have been planned and established by a state as the seat of state government, and it is the largest city in a combined statistical area known as Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill (the Research Triangle Region). Gather a crew of friends, colleagues and family for this high value experience today!