Raleigh Little Theatre presents "A Raisin in the Sun"
- Dates: 4/10/2020, 4/11/2020, 4/12/2020, 4/16/2020, 4/17/2020, 4/18/2020, 4/19/2020, 4/23/2020, 4/24/2020, 4/25/2020, 4/26/2020
- Venue: Raleigh Little Theatre
- Location: West Raleigh/N.C. State Univ/PNC Arena
- Address: 301 Pogue St., Cantey V. Sutton Theatre (Reserved Seating), Raleigh, NC 27607
- Phone: 919.821.3111
- Times: Thurs.-Sat., 8pm; Sun., 3pm
- Admission: First Sun., $14; Adults, $27; Students and Seniors, $23
Walter Lee Younger hopes to use his father’s life-insurance money to open a liquor store with two partners. His mother, with the support of Walter’s pragmatic wife, Ruth, and independent sister Beneatha, instead uses part of the money as a down payment on a house in an all-white neighborhood. Family tensions and prejudice they face form this seminal American drama. The Younger family’s heroic struggle to retain dignity in a harsh and changing world is a searing and timeless document of hope and inspiration.
By Lorraine Hansberry.
Directed by Phillip Bernard Smith.
Thanks to our show sponsors, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina and North State Bank.
A Raisin in the Sun is supported by the United Arts Council of Raleigh and Wake County, as well as the N.C. Arts Council, a division of the Department of Natural and Cultural Resources.