Raleigh Little Theatre presents "Seussical (TYA Version)"
- Dates: 2/29/2020
- Presenting Organization: Raleigh Little Theatre
- Venue: Cantey V. Sutton Theatre
- Location: West Raleigh/N.C. State Univ/PNC Arena
- Address: 301 Pogue St., Raleigh, NC 27607
- Phone: 919.821.3111
- Times: Thurs.-Fri., 7:30pm; Sat. and Sun., 1pm and 5pm
- Admission: Children (12 and under), $12; Adults, $17
The nefarious Cat in the Hat narrates the story of Horton the Elephant, who discovers a speck of dust containing tiny people called the Whos. Horton must protect the Whos from a world of naysayers and dangers, and he must also guard an abandoned egg that’s been left in his care by the irresponsible Mayzie La Bird. The powers of friendship, loyalty, family, and community are challenged but ultimately emerge triumphantly!
Seussical TYA (Theatre for Young Audiences) is a an adapted 75-minute version of the musical, created specifically for younger audiences.
Book by Lynn Ahrens & Stephen Flaherty
Music by Stephen Flaherty
Lyrics by Lynn Ahrens
Based on the works of Dr. Seuss
Directed by Kathleen Rudolph.
Sensory-Friendly Performance, Sun., Feb. 29 at 1pm.
Sensory-friendly performances are designed especially for individuals with autism spectrum disorders, sensory sensitivities, or other disabilities Sensory-friendly seating is general admission allowing individuals extra space if needed. Click here for more details and pre-visit materials. To provide a supportive and welcoming environment for children and families, sensory-friendly performances include:
- Reduction of loud or jarring sounds
- Reductions in flashing or strobe lights
- Modification of the house lights during the performance
- Accommodated house rules: audience members are free to talk or move during the show
- Extra staff and volunteer support.
- Designated “Take a Break Space”
Thanks to our show sponsor, First Citizens Bank.