Raleigh Little Theatre presents "The Cake"
- Dates: January 15, 2021 - January 31, 2021
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Venue: Raleigh Little Theatre
- Location: West Raleigh/N.C. State Univ/PNC Arena
- Address: 301 Pogue St., Gaddy-Goodwin Teaching Theatre (General Admission), Raleigh, NC 27607
- Phone: 919.821.3111
- Times: Thurs.-Sat., 8pm; Sun., 3pm
- Admission: Check website for tickets
Della’s North Carolina bakery is legendary, and she’s just been cast on her favorite television baking competition. But when her late-best-friend’s daughter comes home from New York City engaged to a woman and asks her to make their wedding cake, Della’s life gets turned upside down. She is forced to re-examine her deeply held beliefs, as questions of morals, judgment, and family swirl around them all. From the writer of NBC’s “This Is Us,” this emotional and deliciously funny play explores the complexities of human conflict and the importance of seeing things from more than one perspective. Part of the Gaddy-Goodwin Series.
By Bekah Brunstetter.