Raleigh's Haunted History Walking Tour
- Dates: March 25, 2022 - May 27, 2022
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Friday
- Presenting Organization: The Great Raleigh Trolley
- Venue: Oakwood Common's Park
- Location: Downtown Raleigh
- Address: 533 N East St., Raleigh, NC, NC 27604
- Times: 7pm-8:30pm
- Admission: $20
Take a terrifying tour of Raleigh’s paranormal past and learn the darkest secrets hidden in the past. As a professional Historian and paranormal expert, Darci VanderSlik will guide guests on an adventure to explore the 200-year-old streets of North Carolina’s Capital City. Your guide will recount fascinating stories of strange occurrences, paranormal experiences, and Raleigh’s macabre history as you crisscross through the city’s historic neighborhoods.
HEAR TALES OF THIS CITY’S STRANGE AND MACABRE LORE NOT FOUND IN HISTORY BOOKS.
• Who still haunts Oakwood’s Civil War Cemetery?
• Whose shadow still roams the halls of NC’s Executive Mansion?
• Why was someone buried alive next to the Capitol Building?
• What happens when a Civil War hospital is turned into a college dormitory?
• And what’s the deal with Sir. Walter Raleigh’s head, anyway?
• Hear these stories and more as told by our researcher and professional storyteller.
Proudly owned and operated by The Great Raleigh Trolley
Haunted History: Oakwood is a 90-minute dark adventure walking tour. Wear comfortable shoes and prepare to walk on historic, uneven sidewalks as you embark on explorations across multiple sites around Oakwood.
This tour begins at Oakwood Commons Park in the Oakwood neighborhood. Street parking is available in the surrounding area or the closest public parking lot is the Forest Lot at 317 E Jones St, Raleigh, NC 27601.
Tour Length: 90 minutes.
Age: Parental Discretion Advised For Children Under 15. This tour includes mature subject matter and may not be suitable for children. Please use caution when purchasing tickets for those under 15 years old.
Shoe Policy: Wear comfortable shoes as guests will explore several locations on foot
Check-In: Oakwood Commons Park - 535 N East St, Raleigh, NC 27604