Tickets are now available for the Reviving the Supper Club Chef Series’ virtual event on Feb. 7, 2023 featuring chef Saif Rahman of Vidrio in Raleigh. The event raises money for Ripe For Revival, a Rocky Mount nonprofit with a fleet of pay-what-you-can mobile grocery stores serving food deserts in central and eastern North Carolina. One hundred percent of the event’s net proceeds will support the Mobile Markets’ food supply from local farmers.
During the virtual event, Rahman will show guests how to cook a Pan-Seared Chicken with Curried Sweet potatoes, Carolina Gold Rice and Bengali Tomato Salad. Guests also will learn how to make — and enjoy — a special cocktail from Vidrio.
Here’s how the virtual Chef Series events works:
• Guests reserve their tickets for the interactive, virtual cooking class and dinner by Feb. 1 on our website. Tickets cost $99 and the meal serves two people.
• A box of NC sourced ingredients, recipes and instructions on how to log into the event are sent to guests’ homes beforehand. Shipping is available nationwide.
• Guests tune into a livestream at 6:30pm Feb. 7 from the kitchen at Vidrio to cook along with Rahman as he demonstrates how to prepare this meal.
• For those who cannot tune in on Feb. 7, a video recording of the cooking class will be emailed to participants to cook the meal at a later date.
• The event’s proceeds will be used to invest in the Mobile Market Program, funding the upfit of additional buses and the purchase of fresh produce and other local NC products to stock the pay-what-you-can mobile markets.
There also will be a limited number of tickets to dine at Vidrio at 6:30pm on Feb. 7, watch the cooking class and enjoy the same amazing meal. Tickets cost $100 per person. Reserve your space at https://resy.com/cities/rdu/vidrio.