Self-Care for Caregivers: Art Wellness Exchange
- Dates: 9/30/2021, 10/21/2021
- Presenting Organization: Hand Made Dreams
- Venue: North Carolina Museum of Art- West Building
- Location: West Raleigh/N.C. State Univ/PNC Arena
- Address: 2110 Blue Ridge Rd., Raleigh, NC 27607
- Times: 6-7:30pm
- Admission: $13 Members; $15 Nonmembers
Let art help you recharge in this special workshop series designed specifically for parents and caregivers. This 90-minute session takes place in the Museum galleries and leverages art and storytelling to build mental health awareness and strengthen community connections. Dive into discussion, sparked by art in the NCMA collection, and work through big ideas with experienced facilitators from Hand Made Dreams.
This session explores the impact of values and traditions passed down from one generation to the next through experiences, stories, and the examples of mothers, fathers, and/or extended family members.
Additional sessions in this series take place on September 30 and October 21. Sign up for one session or all three to build your coping-skills toolkit.