Spring Tidings of Bach, Chaminade and Glass – Carolina Ballet
- Dates: April 21, 2022 - April 24, 2022
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Presenting Organization: Carolina Ballet
- Venue: Memorial Auditorium at Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts
- Location: Downtown Raleigh
- Address: 2 E. South St., Raleigh, NC 27601
- Times: Thurs. and Fri., 8pm; Sat., 2pm and 8pm; Sun., 2pm
- Admission: See website for tickets
Carolina Ballet presents a new world where Johann Sebastian Bach, Cécile Chaminade and Philip Glass coexist through ballet, featuring Zalman Raffael’s 2016 In the Gray to Glass’ “Violin Concerto No.1” and a new work to Chaminade by Adriana Pierce, choreographer of 2020’s Silence and Song.
The program includes Lynne Taylor-Corbett’s Nine By Twelve, which uses instrumental sections from Bach’s music performed vocally by the Four Voices String Quartet. Journey with 12 collaborative dancers as they delve into the different conversations within nine Bach musical selections.