The Colored Museum by George C. Wolfe
- Dates: 11/14/2019, 11/15/2019, 11/16/2019, 11/17/2019, 11/20/2019, 11/21/2019, 11/22/2019, 11/23/2019, 11/24/2019
- Presenting Organization: University Theatre at NC State
- Venue: Thompson Hall at North Carolina State University
- Location: West Raleigh/N.C. State Univ/PNC Arena
- Address: 2241 Dunn Ave., Raleigh, NC 27695
- Phone: 919.515.1100
- Times: Wed.-Sat. 7:30; Sun. 2pm
- Admission: $6 NC State students; $24 general public
The Colored Museum’s satire has electrified, discomforted, and delighted audiences of all colors, redefining ideas of what it means to be Black in contemporary America. From Git on Board to The Last Mama-on-the-Couch Play, the “exhibits” undermine stereotypes – old and new – and return to the facts of what being Black means. Directed by Ron Foreman.
Written by George C. Wolfe. Music by Kystia Bostic.
Produced by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc.