- Dates: 6/10/2021, 6/11/2021, 6/12/2021, 6/13/2021, 6/17/2021, 6/18/2021, 6/19/2021, 6/20/2021
- Presenting Organization: Raleigh Symphony Orchestra
- Venue: Raleigh Little Theatre
- Location: West Raleigh/N.C. State Univ/PNC Arena
- Address: 301 Pogue St., Raleigh, NC 27607
- Phone: 919.821.3111
- Times: Thurs.-Sat., 8pm; Sun., 3pm
- Admission: Adults, $20; senior/student, $15
A gripping reimagination of events the night before the assassination of the civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. On April 3, 1968, after delivering one of his most memorable speeches, an exhausted Dr. King retires to his room at the Lorraine Motel while a storm rages outside. When a mysterious stranger arrives with some surprising news, King is forced to confront his destiny and his legacy to his people.
By Katori Hall
The Mountaintop is presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc., New York.
Performances will take place outside, socially distanced, in the Stephenson Amphitheatre. More information coming soon!