Saint Ambrose Episcopal Church

  • Address: 813 Darby St., Raleigh, NC 27610
  • Area: East Raleigh
  • Phone: 919.833.8055

About

Originally built on the northwest corner of N. Dawson and W. Lane Streets, it was named Saint Augustine's and served as the official place of worship for the school's students. After the Chapel was erected on campus in 1895, the church moved to S. Wilmington St., where its name changed to Saint Ambrose and the building remained until being destroyed in 1965. A new church was built on Darby St. with remnants of the original 1868 Carpenter Gothic church.

  • About

    Originally built on the northwest corner of N. Dawson and W. Lane Streets, it was named Saint Augustine's and served as the official place of worship for the school's students. After the Chapel was erected on campus in 1895, the church moved to S. Wilmington St., where its name changed to Saint Ambrose and the building remained until being destroyed in 1965. A new church was built on Darby St. with remnants of the original 1868 Carpenter Gothic church.

  • Amenities
    General Amenities