Young’s Chapel CME Church, which many called Cotton Street Church, was organized and built in 1916 under the leadership of the late Reverend Young. The members were small in number, but large in Spirit. The building, during this time, was a one-room structure facing Cotton Street. Many pastors served faithfully during the years that followed. Through the dedication of the members, the Sunday School annex was added in 1954. On March 8, 1998, the church moved to its current edifice located at 2901 Sanderford Road, Raleigh, North Carolina. On July 23, 2010, Reverend Ronald L. White, Sr. became the 36th pastor of Young’s Chapel CME Church.