5 Things You Didn’t Know About Greater Raleigh
Thursday, February 02, 2012, 7pm by visitRaleigh
In case you haven’t heard, Greater Raleigh’s got some pretty good things going for it these days. In 2011, the area was ranked as one of the top medical cities, one of the smartest cities, one of the safest cities and one of the best areas for families, just to name a few. The RDU International Airport has received numerous accolades, and the area’s attractions have always, well… attracted.
With 2011 behind us, Greater Raleigh has jumped into the new year with a few 2012 accolades already that may reveal things you never knew about the area.
1) Best New Sweet Shops: If you haven’t discovered Raleigh’s hidden gem, Videri Chocolate Factory, yet, then Travel + Leisure suggests you stop by.
2) America’s 100 Best Beer Bars: Draft Magazine recently ranked six of the area’s beer bars as tops in the country, including: Brewmasters Bar & Grill, Busy Bee Café, Flying Saucer Draught Emporium, Raleigh Times Bar, Tyler’s Taproom, and World of Beer North Hills.
3) America’s Most Tolerant Cities: The Daily Beast thinks Raleigh is in the top 18 among the most welcoming and tolerant cities, and we agree.
4) #1 Healthiest City for Women: When it comes to women’s health, Women’s Health knows their stuff, and that’s why we’re honored that the magazine has ranked Raleigh as the number one healthiest city for women.
5) Top 10 Tastiest Towns in the South: Venture out to a few of Raleigh’s excellent restaurants and you’ll agree with Southern Living, that the city is one of the most delicious in the region.
Check back here to see all of the wonderful and continuously updated accolades Raleigh has merited in 2012, just in case you need a few more reasons to visit.