“Find Your Fabulous” at the Southern Women’s Show
Monday, April 21, 2014, 12pm by Kristy Stevenson
The Southern Women’s Show offers Greater Raleigh visitors one-of-a-kind shopping, fabulous fashion shows, cooking demonstrations, gourmet foods, health screenings, how-to workshops, makeovers, special guest appearances and more. Attracting 1,000s of visitors each year, this three-day event presents a festive atmosphere with unique vendors, specialty boutiques, entertainment and programs of interest for women of all ages.
This year, star and executive producer of Bravo’s The Millionaire Matchmaker’s Patti Stanger will be sharing secrets to finding and maintaining everlasting love. “The art of matchmaking has been around for centuries, but no one has been as successful in creating a star-studded career doing it as Patti,” said show manager Tish Atkins. “I think women and men alike will be genuinely interested in hearing her valuable insight.” Patti and her highly trained staff (working closely with leading psychologists, relationship counselors, date coaches, hypnotherapists and image consultants, as well as with a variety of top-notch personal trainers and hairstylists) personally match every member according to their exact preferences and requirements, and follow up with each one on a regular basis. Patti’s bluntness continues to garner her infamy, but she is also known for having one of the biggest hearts in the matchmaking field and is often sought out for advice by other matchmaking professionals. Guests at her appearance have a chance to win the “Look Like a Million” giveaway. Read more about other special guests here.
Inner and outer beauty continues to be at the heart of the Southern Women’s Show. Each year the Raleigh show attracts some of the most sought-after experts in the industry to help guests enhance or transform their look as well as provide tips and tricks for leading a healthier life.
This year, the show will feature:
American Laser Skincare: Laser hair removal, skin rejuvenation and body shaping.
Beautify with Belk: Glam squads from Benefit, Lancôme, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown and Clinique help guests update their look and choose the most face-flattering colors.
Xtreme Whitening: Brighten your pearly whites up to eight shades in as little as 20 minutes.
Hand and Stone Massage and Facial Spa: Swedish, deep tissue, sports and more; visit them at the show to ask about their signature hot stone massage.
Boot Camp Moms: A community of women who do so much more than workout together; supporting, encouraging and laughing together all while burning a ton of calories.
Food Lion Chef Challenge: Professional chefs will share their tips regarding how to bring a fresh delicious meal to life in less than 30 minutes; the stage will be brimming with local chefs, interactive games and excitement, plus periodic food sampling along with premium goodies to make your grocery shopping easier.
Got to be NC Pavilion: assisting in the promotion of North Carolina Agriculture as a whole and increasing the visibility of N.C. products by working with growers and companies that produce N.C. agricultural products; start-ups and established businesses are a part of the almost-3,000 member organization with a range of products from fresh farm crops and meats to processed items like salsas and beverages.
Dancing Like The Stars: this always-popular event competition returns.
What you can win:
- The Southern Women’s Show also promises a number of giveaways–visit its website for a chance to win $500 in Show Bucks to shop at the show.
- Register to win a $250 gift card to Food Lion (for this and other grand prize giveaways, just inside the entrance to the Jim Graham Building at North Carolina State Fairgrounds).
- Join the team from Mix 101.5 during each day of the show at Fashion and Entertainment Stage to try your luck at Pick Your Purse Bingo; each winner gets the choice of three mystery bags provided by Carolina Premium Outlets.
- Visit Costco in exhibit #10 and register to win $30 in Show Bucks every 30 minutes.
- Take a whitewater rafting adventure OR a scenic float trip in the beautiful New River Gorge of W.V.; your prize includes a trip for two on the New River with lunch, continental breakfast and beverages after rafting, compliments of River Expeditions.
- Throughout the show, Food Lion will be texting attendees for chances to win $10 gift cards; visit the Food Lion Chef Challenge in the Exposition Center for your chance to win.
- The first 150 guests on Sun. will receive a tiara; cruise around the show with your girlfriends in style.
- Take exhibitor coupons to the show for great deals.
The show will run this Fri., Apr. 25, 10am–8pm, Sat., Apr. 26, 10am–7 pm, and Sun., Apr. 27, 11am–6pm, at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds in the Jim Graham Building and Exposition Center.
Admission is $12 for adults and $6 for youth. Children under age six are free with a paying adult. Purchase advance tickets at Walgreens for $7. Groups of 10 or more can also purchase $7 tickets. $2 off admission available with coupon.
Want to join the fun? Follow @visitRaleigh and look out for a trivia question tomorrow, Apr. 22, at 7pm for a chance to win tickets to the event. Packs of tickets will be given away to the first six individuals to answer correctly!