The Umstead Spa's DIY N.C. Beer Facial
Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 10pm by Derek Allman
Who would have thought that you could use a Greater Raleigh craft beer to give yourself a simple facial and it work? The Umstead Spa director Carolyn Doe did and knows it will work! The yeast in beer works to balance the pH of the skin and targets the bacteria that causes breakouts.
N.C. Beer Facial:
- For oily skin: two tablespoons of egg whites
- For dry skin: two tablespoons of egg yolks and a vitamin E capsule
- Two tablespoons of your favorite N.C. beer
- Wisk together and apply to the skin with a cotton ball
- Allow to dry for about 20 minutes
- Apply a wet, warm towel to loosen the mask
- Rinse well until the entire mask is removed
(Caution: If you're allergic to any ingredients noted in this recipe, please omit.)
Celebrate N.C. Beer Month in Greater Raleigh! Check out visitRaleigh.com/beermonth to read about the area's 16 breweries, Beer Month events and more.