Top 5 Winter-Proof Activities
Thursday, January 19, 2012, 6pm by visitRaleigh
Winter weather may not be the ideal time to head out on the boat or go on a garden tour, but we’ve found plenty of indoor activities around Greater Raleigh that are just as Winter-proof as they are fun. Of the seemingly endless list of things to do when it’s cold outside, we’ve narrowed it down to five favorites.
1) Indoor Shopping: As a Fashionista, you may have the largest and most stylish winter wardrobe, so why not show it off? There’s no need to bundle up on your next shopping spree. Just head out to Crabtree Valley Mall or Triangle Town Center where you can browse all your favorite retailers without needing the bulk of your jacket (as fabulous as it may be!).
2) Hurricanes Game: Calling all sports fans! If you’ve recently been to an outdoor game, you know just how chilly it can get. While we’re sure you Adrenaline Junkies weren’t phased by the weather, just know that you can catch an action-packed Carolina Hurricanes hockey game from the warmth of the RBC Center. Who knew being a great fan could be so comfortable?
3) Catch a Show: In need of entertainment? Creative Geniuses everywhere will find something to look forward to on the Progress Energy Center for the Performing Arts’ calendar. Watch talented performers sing, dance and act their way through shows tailored to the season.
4) Museum Hopping: Wonderful museums dot the Greater Raleigh map, but if you want to do some quick museum hopping with as little outdoors time as possible, you’ll love how close the N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences and the Museum of History are. Just pop out of one and right on in the other for a two-in-one experience that will keep you out of the cold.
5) Indoor Play Areas: If you’ve got kids who have a lot of pent-up energy, why not take them to one of the many indoor play areas? Indoor ice skating, inline skating, sports, bouncing and jungle gyms all await you and your family when you need to get out of the house.
If you see something you love, try it out! If you’ve got something else in mind, check out this great website of Greater Raleigh things to do!