Krispy Kreme Challenge
- Dates: February 2, 2019
- Presenting Organization: North Carolina State University
- Venue: Start/Finish: NCSU Memorial Belltower
- Location: West Raleigh/N.C. State Univ/PNC Arena
- Address: 2011 Hillsborough St., Raleigh, NC 27607
- Times: 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Admission: Free to spectators
2,400 calories, 12 doughnuts, five miles, one hour. The mantra of the Krispy Kreme Challenge epitomizes the test of physical fitness and gastrointestinal fortitude. What started as a challenge among ten friends has transformed into a nationally publicized charity race, and the number one tradition to complete before graduating from North Carolina State University (NCSU). All proceeds from the Krispy Kreme Challenge are donated to the N.C. Children's Hospital so that its staff can continue to provide the best care and facilities for their patients.
Participants begin the Challenge at the Memorial Belltower on the campus of NCSU in Raleigh. Runners then travel 2.5 miles through historic downtown Raleigh to the Krispy Kreme located at the intersection of Peace and Person St., where they attempt to consume one dozen original glazed doughnuts. The hardest part of the Challenge awaits them as they run 2.5 miles back to the Memorial Belltower. This is the Krispy Kreme Challenge!