We assist numerous travel journalists throughout the year and look forward to working with you to facilitate a press tour in Raleigh, N.C. Assistance is determined on a case-by-case basis, and in order to best accommodate your editorial needs, we have developed the following criteria.
- A minimum of two weeks' notice prior to your press visit unless special circumstances arise—then it is at the discretion of the Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) Public Relations Department.
- Please fill out the Media Request Form below.
- If on assignment, please forward Letter of Assignment.
- For freelance journalists, please provide links or PDF clips of travel-related articles that have run in the past 12 months.
The CVB's Public Relations Department can provide the following services for approved travel journalists:
- The CVB will provide admission into area attractions, events, performances, festivals, tours, etc. to journalist whose name appears on the byline of the article. The CVB cannot provide admission for family members or friends accompanying the writer during his/her visit to Raleigh, N.C.
- The CVB will work through Wake County restaurants to obtain discounted or complimentary meals. This is not a guarantee, and writer will be responsible for balance on meals. In some instances, a gift card will provided, and the journalist will be responsible for costs exceeding the amount of the gift card and tip for waitstaff.
- The CVB can provide no more than two nights' accommodations for journalists on assignment. If journalist is not on assignment, the CVB will work through area hotel partners to offer a complimentary or media rate.
- Generally, the CVB does not provide airfare, nor do we provide complimentary rental car services.
- We will work with you to obtain appropriate contacts, interviews, photography or b-roll.
- We want to make your media visit to the Raleigh area as productive as possible, so give us a call—we’ll talk through your visit and come up with the best possible plan!
If you are not a member of the media and need information on the Raleigh area, collateral materials for a meeting or convention or would like to be added to our newsletters, please click here.