The Dix Park Dog Park provides a much needed off-leash dog area for park visitors, with all other areas of Dix Park requiring dogs to be on-leash. The 4-acre dog park is open to the public seven days a week from sunrise to sunset and includes separate areas for small and large dogs. To ensure that the field and fencing remains in good condition Dix Park Dog Park will close the last week of each month for routine maintenance.
Know Before You Go:
- Dogs are required to be on-leash in all other areas of Dix Park.
- Be sure to bring a water bottle for yourself and your furry friends, too.
- There are no public restrooms at the park, only port-a-johns.
- North Carolina DHHS administrative headquarters are located on park grounds.
- Please be respectful of the employees at work and avoid the buildings and parking areas during business hours.