William Peace University, Main Building

About

An impressive Greek Revival structure used during the Civil War as a hospital; from 1865 to 1869, it served as the headquarters for the central administrative district of the Freedmen’s Bureau. Later during Reconstruction, the building was reclaimed for use as a girls’ school and is now a four-year college for women. Hours: by appointment only.

  • About

    An impressive Greek Revival structure used during the Civil War as a hospital; from 1865 to 1869, it served as the headquarters for the central administrative district of the Freedmen’s Bureau. Later during Reconstruction, the building was reclaimed for use as a girls’ school and is now a four-year college for women. Hours: by appointment only.

  • Amenities
    General Amenities
    Hotel Rates & Parking
    • Type of Parking:
      • Surface Lot