Krispy Kreme Challenge Costume Contest, presented by visitRaleigh.com
visitRaleigh.com presented a costume contest at the
11th Annual Krispy Kreme Challenge (K2C), Feb. 14, 2015!
Our friendly competition to raised awareness for the K2C and celebrated people who dressed up and ran at the event! Runner costumes were judged on a variety of levels. !
Official rules • Costume guidelines
Contestant entry divisions:
- Single Contestant Division: only a single person could enter the contest as one entrant. The grand prize winner recieved a $100 gift certificate to Runologie.
- Group Contestant Division: three or more persons could enter the contest as one entrant. The grand prize winner received a $100 gift certificate to The Players' Retreat.
- NEW Couple Contestant Division: two persons could enter the contest as one entrant. The grand prize winner received a $50 gift certificate to David's Dumpling and Noodle Bar, plus Videri Chocolate Factory chocolate.
Here's how participants entered:
- Wore costume to run the K2C.
- Arrived early and entered the contest at the visitRaleigh.com tent. Entry done on-site.
- Signed in at the red visitRaleigh.com tent near the North Carolina State University Bell Tower at the intersection of Hillsborough St. and Pullen Rd. prior to the official start of the race. Each entrant was required to bring his or her race/registration number when he or she signed in. Only one entry needed to register a group or couple.
- At that tent, staff took photo of each entrant, which was used for the website as part of a gallery and/or www.pinterest.com/visitraleigh and also used to judge the winner in each division.
- Potential winners were required to be present and reachable after the race to officially be deemed winners. Winners required to claim prize within one (1) hour after they were notified and announced at the end of the race. Prizes were given to winners on-site. The winners were announced at the end of the race and also online on Sat., Feb. 14.