Raleigh needs a place where all people can EAT. Raleigh needs a place where COMMUNITY can be built. Why does Raleigh need such a café? We have soup kitchens, we have nice restaurants, but we do not have a place that brings us all together to eat.
Mission: A Place at the Table provides community and healthy food for all regardless of means.
Vision: A Place at the Table is a welcoming and inviting space that provides an opportunity for all people to come and experience conversation and community while enjoying an excellent, fresh and healthy meal. People long for a community, a place to fit in, a place to feel welcome and a place to be a part of something bigger than just themselves.
We are a pay-what-you-can cafe.
What does this mean if you want to eat here?
You have five options:
- Pay what you are able to afford.
- Pay what you would typically pay for a similar meal. (We will have a suggested donation)
- Pay what you would typically pay, plus an extra donation.
- Pay specifically for someone else’s full meal.
- Pay by volunteering with us.
We believe in A Place at the Table. We believe in our core values and believe that this will work. We want to invite all people to engage in community with us and engage in community with others.