2023 NHL Stadium Series Outdoor Game Coming to Raleigh, N.C.
Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 8am
Carolina Hurricanes will face division rivals Washington Capitals
in outdoor hockey game at Carter-Finley Stadium
Raleigh, N.C. (November 15, 2022) – The 2023 Navy Federal Credit Union NHL Stadium Series™ takes the ice on Saturday, Feb. 18, 2023 in Raleigh, N.C., featuring the dynamic Carolina Hurricanes in the team’s first outdoor game. The Canes will take on division rivals, the Washington Capitals, at Carter-Finley Stadium, a 56,000+ seat premier collegiate football field in the southeast and home of the NC State Wolfpack.
The Hurricanes, in conjunction with the Greater Raleigh Merchants Association and Shop Local Raleigh, will host the Hurricanes Fan Fest on Friday, Feb. 17, ahead of the Stadium Series game. The free, family-friendly fan fest will be open to the public on Fayetteville Street in downtown Raleigh between City Plaza and the NC State Capitol from 11am-9pm. Visitors and fans alike will experience street hockey and ice skating, local vendors, food trucks, craft beer, live music, art installations, photo stations, kids' zone activations and appearances from Carolina Hurricanes alumni.
Full weekend schedule:
- Thursday, February 16:
- 7pm: Carolina Hurricanes vs. Montréal Canadiens – PNC Arena
- Friday, February 17:
- 11am-9pm: Carolina Hurricanes Fan Fest – downtown Raleigh’s Fayetteville Street
- 8pm: Hootie & the Blowfish and SUSTO pre-party concert – PNC Arena
- Saturday, February 18:
- 2-7:30pm: Truly Hard Seltzer NHL PreGame – Carter-Finley Stadium
- 8pm: 2023 Navy Federal Credit Union NHL Stadium Series, Carolina Hurricanes vs. Washington Capitals – Carter-Finley Stadium
- Sunday, February 19:
- 1pm: NCAA Men’s College Basketball, NC State vs. University of North Carolina – PNC Arena
Carolina Hurricanes fast facts:
- The Canes are coming off four consecutive Stanley Cup Playoff appearances, including two straight seasons winning their division.
- The 2022-2023 season is the Canes' 25th anniversary season in the Tar Heel State. They moved from Hartford, Conn., in 1997 and played in Greensboro while PNC Arena was being built for the start of the 1999-2000 season.
- N.C. rapper Petey Pablo’s 2001 hit “Raise Up” is back for another year as the Hurricanes’ goal song, as it has been since the 2018-2019 season.
The 2023 Navy Federal Credit Union NHL Stadium Series™ game will be televised on ESPN, ESPN+, Sportsnet 360, SN NOW and TVA Sports2. Additional news and information on all NHL events can be found at NHL.com/events. Media wishing to receive notifications and advisories related to the 2023 Navy Federal Credit Union NHL Stadium Series must register and opt-in at Media.NHL.com.
About the Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau (Visit Raleigh):
As the official destination marketing organization for Wake County, the Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau (Visit Raleigh), is responsible for promoting Wake County as an attractive travel destination and enhancing its public image as a dynamic place to live and work. Through the impact of travel, the organization strengthens the economic position of and provides opportunity for people throughout Wake County. Raleigh, N.C./Wake County welcomes nearly 16 million visitors annually whose spending tops $2.3 billion. The visitor economy supports more than 21,000 local jobs in Wake County and generates $243 million in state and local tax revenues, saving each Wake County household $592 in taxes annually. visitRaleigh.com
Director of Public Relations and International Tourism
# # #