Press Release: Major League Fishing Announces 2021 Bass Pro Tour Schedule
Thursday, October 22, 2020, 5pm
Major League Fishing 2021 Bass Pro Tour is returning to Raleigh, N.C.
View the full release, here.
By Major League Fishing - October 22, 2020
TULSA, Okla. (Oct. 22, 2020) – Major League Fishing announced today the 2021 MLF Bass Pro Tour schedule, which will showcase the best bass anglers in the world competing on many of the top fisheries in the United States. The 2021 Bass Pro Tour season will run from March to September and feature seven regular-season tournaments. MLF will also host four MLF Cups, REDCREST and the MLF General Tire Heavy Hitters – an all-star event that highlights the 40 anglers from the Bass Pro Tour with the highest cumulative weight from their single largest bass in each of the five regular-season events held in 2020.
“We are hitting these lakes and rivers at the right time for incredible competition. I’m expecting the Bass Pro Tour anglers to keep SCORETRACKER® busy all year long,” said Michael Mulone, Senior Director of Events & Partnerships for MLF. “Our host cities understand the power of our brand and are primed and ready to welcome our anglers, staff, sponsors and fans. We are so grateful for their continued partnerships and are looking forward to bringing fast-paced, fan-friendly competition to their communities and to our fans worldwide.”
Each Stage of the Bass Pro Tour includes six days of competition using the catch, weigh, immediate-release format, broadcast live on the Major League Fishing app, MyOutdoorTV (MOTV) and MajorLeagueFishing.com, totaling more than 450 hours of original programming. Fans can also follow the on-the-water action as it unfolds on the live SCORETRACKER® leaderboard.
The 2021 MLF Bass Pro Tour will air on Discovery Channel beginning in July 2021 and Sportsman Channel in early 2022.
In MLF Bass Pro Tour competition, anglers are vying for valuable points in hopes of qualifying for REDCREST, the world championship of professional bass fishing. REDCREST 2021 will feature the REDCREST Expo, February 26-28, at Expo Square in Tulsa, Oklahoma – a free, family-friendly event featuring all the new products and gear in the fishing, boating and outdoor industry.
2021 MLF Bass Pro Tour Schedule
- Feb. 23-27: REDCREST at Grand Lake O’ the Cherokees, Tulsa, Okla., Hosted by Visit Tulsa
- March 21-26: Bass Pro Tour Stage One at Sam Rayburn Reservoir, Jasper, Texas, Hosted by Jasper County Development District &
Jasper-Lake Sam Rayburn Area Chamber of Commerce
- April 9-14: General Tire HEAVY HITTERS at Falls Lake, Jordan Lake & Shearon Harris Reservoir, Raleigh, N.C., Hosted by the Greater Raleigh Sports Alliance
- April 30-May 5: Bass Pro Tour Stage Two at Lake Travis, Austin, Texas, Hosted by the Austin Sports Commission
- May 21-26: Bass Pro Tour Stage Three at Harris Chain of Lakes, Leesburg, Fla., Hosted by Lake County, FL & City of Leesburg
- June 4-9: Bass Pro Tour Stage Four at Lake Chickamauga, Dayton, Tenn., Hosted by Fish Dayton
- June 25-30: Bass Pro Tour Stage Five at St. Lawrence River, Massena, N.Y., Hosted by the City of Massena
- Aug. 5-10: Bass Pro Tour Stage Six at Lake Champlain, Plattsburgh, N.Y., Hosted by the Adirondack Coast Visitors Bureau and the City of Plattsburgh
- Sept. 10-15: Bass Pro Tour Stage Seven at Lake St. Clair, St. Clair Shores, Mich., Hosted by Macomb County, St. Clair Shores and the Detroit Sports Commission
The full schedule, along with details for each event, can be found at MajorLeagueFishing.com.
For details and updated information visit MajorLeagueFishing.com. For regular updates, photos, tournament news and more, follow us on Facebook at Facebook.com/MajorLeagueFishing and on Twitter at Twitter.com/MajorLeagueFish.
About Major League Fishing
Founded in 2011, Major League Fishing (MLF) brings the high-intensity sport of competitive bass fishing into America’s living rooms on Outdoor Channel, Discovery, CBS, CBS Sports Network, World Fishing Network, Sportsman Channel, and on-demand on MyOutdoorTV (MOTV). According to Nielsen ratings, Major League Fishing remains the number one series on Outdoor Channel for five years and MLF premiered as the number one outdoor show in their time slot on Discovery in 2019.
In 2019 MLF acquired FLW, which expands their portfolio to include the world’s largest grassroots-fishing organization, including the strongest five-biggest-fish format professional bass fishing tour, the Tackle Warehouse Pro Circuit, as well as the Toyota Series, Phoenix Bass Fishing League presented by T-H Marine, Abu Garcia College Fishing presented by YETI, and High School Fishing presented by Favorite Fishing.