Carolina Mudcats Swing Into 2023 Season in Zebulon, N.C.
Thursday, April 06, 2023, 9am by visitRaleigh
Are you ready to root, root, root for the home team? Grab your sunscreen, hats, peanuts and Cracker Jack—America's favorite pastime is finally back!
The Carolina Mudcats, single-A affiliate of Major League Baseball's Milwaukee Brewers, are swinging into action in April with a new season of minor league baseball in Zebulon, N.C. (about 25-30 minutes east of downtown Raleigh—visitors to Zebulon will also want to make time for a stop at the wonderful Olde Raleigh Distillery).
The 6,500-seat Five County Stadium—home to the Mudcats for more than 30 years now—will host 66 games for the 2023 season, inviting fans to enjoy a host of promotional nights that include giveaways and concessions deals.
Single-game tickets, starting at $11, are on sale now. The first home game of the season is April 11; the final home game takes place Sept. 3.
Opening week in Zebulon for the Mudcats is April 11-16 against the Salem Red Sox. The opening series will feature a fireworks show after the Friday night game, a Mudcats tote bag giveaway to the first 1,000 fans to arrive on Saturday and an opportunity to play catch on the field after the conclusion of the Sunday game.
Regularly scheduled promotional nights for the 2023 season include the following:
- The weekend schedule goes off with a bang each Friday night as the Mudcats light up the night sky with Friday Night Fireworks. These spectacular fireworks displays follow each Friday night home game and feature a lengthy fireworks display and music. Additional fireworks will take place on July 4 for Independence Day.
- Each home stand in 2023 will begin with Taco Tuesday, featuring $2 tacos available at the Whisker’s Café concessions stand located on the first base side of Five County Stadium.
- Winning Wednesday features a ticket special for fans attending each of the Wednesday home games at Five County Stadium. Should the Mudcats earn a victory on any of the scheduled Wednesday home games, then fans in attendance for that same game will receive a free ticket to the next scheduled Wednesday home game.
- Thirsty Thursday™ is back for the 2023 season and will feature drink specials including half-priced 24-ounce cans of Miller Lite, Yuengling and Modelo, as well as half-priced 20-ounce Pepsi products (excluding Gatorade).
- Souvenirs headline Saturday home games this season with unique giveaway items scheduled all throughout the season (a Mudcats tote bag, hats, replica jerseys and more).
The 2023 schedule additionally includes two Education Days on April 12 and April 26; Splash Day on July 19; two Barks and Brews games on April 27 and May 25; Christmas in July on July 23; and Muddy’s Birthday on August 27. More details about those nights will be available soon.
The Carolina Mudcats are the officially licensed Class-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers. First established in 1991, the Mudcats have provided affordable family fun for over 30 years at Five County Stadium in Zebulon, N.C. The complete 2023 promotional schedule can be found at carolinamudcats.com. Single-game tickets, season ticket packages, and mini plans are all on sale now at carolinamudcats.com, 919.269.CATS (2287) and the Five County Stadium front office in Zebulon.
Header photo by Ted Richardson
One of America's most spectacular gardens—a hidden gem among locals and a jaw-dropping sanctuary for plant lovers... View More
The Raleigh area is home to a vibrant collection of murals that pay tribute to the rich history and cultural heritage of the City... View More