Greater Raleigh Esports Local Organizing Committee (GRELOC)
Ranked by Forbes as the second-hottest area in the United States for tech jobs, plus a U.S. tech hub to watch (VentureBeat, 2018), Greater Raleigh is home to numerous video game and esports companies, including leading developer Epic Games, PC manufacturer Lenovo and open source software company Red Hat. With hundreds of innovative technology companies headquartered in the region, plus a number of world-class universities and colleges, Greater Raleigh is well-positioned to become a global leader in the esports community.
The GRELOC is supported by a diverse group of local civic, sports and business leaders that are interested in growing esports and gaming activities. GRELOC will help stimulate the local economy and serve Greater Raleigh by helping it actively participate in the fastest-growing segment of the entertainment industry. GRELOC will help bring esports events, leagues, tournaments, teams, players and other related gaming activities to Greater Raleigh, and support the local gaming community and scholastic programs.
Free of any charge to you, the GRELOC and Greater Raleigh Sports Alliance (GRSA) can:
- Assist event rights-holders and planners with information on area venues and facilities, hotels and local sports organizations.
- Arrange site inspections of esports-ready venues.
- Secure proposals and room blocks from area hotels.
- Serve as an esports-experienced liaison between the event rights-holder and the local host organization or venue.
- Provide event planning assistance.
- Assist local organizations and venues with the event bidding process.
- Identify and manage or oversee a housing service or system that best fits the needs of your event.
- Provide tailored maps and directions for travel between your venue(s), hotel(s) and RDU International Airport.
- Provide free collateral materials to event planners and participants, such as Official Visitors Guides, maps, restaurant guides, calendars and more.
- When appropriate, assist with welcoming signs and banners in participating hotels or other area locations, including downtown street poles and airport welcome desks.
- Track total hotel room-nights generated by your event and provide an economic impact analysis report.
- Provide Greater Raleigh area information booths, staffed by volunteer Tourism Ambassadors, to answer visitor questions and distribute helpful materials. (This service typically offered to large events only.)
Questions about the services and incentives we can offer your gaming or esports event?
Contact Ed Tomasi at 919.267.3852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.